Wednesday, November 24, 2010

For this new morning with its light

Welcome to Donna, aka Froggi. I followed her adventures when she starting to full-time on the Woman’s RV list several years ago. It’s great to see where she’s at now. I so admire woman that don’t just wither away after a divorce or death. You give me strength, even though I’m still lucky enough to have my spouse alive and well, as I’m not so sure I’d be as strong.

Tonight after work was the first time this winter (there - I said it - winter) my nose got cold when walking to the car to meet Carm…

Instead of an Idle Pleasure today I’d like to share a poem with you (or is reading poetry an idle pleasure?). I subscribe to a site, http://www.inspirationpeak.com/, which periodically sends an email with an inspirational quote, poem or prayer, some I sit and ponder, while others don’t touch me. I liked today’s prayer as it gives thanks for things that I am also thankful for.

For flowers that bloom about our feet,
For tender grass so fresh and sweet,
For the song of bird and hum of bee,
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee.

For blue of stream and blue of sky,
For pleasant shade of branches high,
For fragrant air and cooling breeze,
For beauty of the blooming trees,
Father in heaven we thank Thee.

For this new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-1882
 

Last night on the “Rick Mercer Report”, http://www.rickmercer.com/, Rick visited a Skid School for Transports. He learned how to control a big transport truck in dangerous conditions. I would love to take this course with our RV! Well, maybe not our camper but one that wouldn’t matter if I wrecked… I’ve driven our previous, slightly smaller camper a few times but haven’t yet driven our current one. It would be great to learn (from a professional – sorry Carm), the proper way to take corners and curves, how to keep control in slippery conditions and what to do in a skid. Hands-on would be best.

On one of the blogs I read, Andy was asking for help naming his new RV. I’ve tried naming ours a few times, (Ivy – Italian Villa; Vow – Villa on wheels), but nothing has really stuck. “Camper” is the word call it (her?), it’s a word that sounds comfortable to me. But somehow a name seems appropriate; it’s such an intimate space, a tiny little home. Any ideas?

No comments: