Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Day After

When I woke up this morning it took me a few seconds to realize that it was no longer a work day. It feels a bit weird. I feel a bit excited, but mostly disconnected and disoriented.

Last night I dreamt of work - people were wanting to change things but they didn't understand the full implication and I was powerless to stop them - I was like a ghost. I guess I have a bit of anxiety about leaving everything I worked at in someone else's hands (even though I have full confidence in the new person). It is a bit hard to let go after 29 years being responsible for something.



20 hours into retirement they were all sitting at the table having finished a breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs. And with tummy's full and faces happy they started their first day of the rest of their lives.












It was a busy first day - a bit of shopping for my niece's birthday, visiting with Olaf & Tammy and then to my parents for supper. It's the last supper together before Olaf & Tammy head back to New Zealand, for goodness knows how long.



28 hours into retirement they were all sitting at the table having finished a supper of prime rib and yorkshire pudding. 

And with tummy's full and faces happy the first day of the rest of their lives ended.

No comments: