Monday, December 20, 2010

Its the Last Week!!

This is the last week at work (I'm not counting next Wednesday as its only a partial day)!!! I cannot seem to wipe the giant smile off my face :-)

Carm proof-reading my blog
This morning I had to stop to get some blood work done. This is something that's not fun at the best of time. As it is I get there at 6:30 am and the place doesn't open until 7:30 so its a long wait and by the time they open the doors there's a huge lineup. They usually have a lot of difficulty finding my vein so when she finally jabbed me, right away she said "Whoops!". I kind of laughed and said "That's not something I want to hear from someone who's sticking a needle into me! ha ha" and she retorted in a crabby voice with "Why not". Needless to say I kept my mouth shut after that. In case you are wondering, these moments did not classify as idle pleasures.

I did have a bitter sweet idle pleasure though. I ate my last "get me through a Monday" Thai takeout lunch. I will totally miss this lunch (although I won't miss Monday's in the office). I often get a beef/pepper/basil dish that is garlicy and spicy hot. A total taste treat. It will be a good excuse to get into town occasionally to meet up with friends for lunch (they like Thai too).

Today's word of the day is exemplary (ig-ZEM-pluh-ree - deserving imitation especially because of excellence : commendable; serving as a warning; serving as an example, instance, or illustration). My attendance at work has not been exemplary - in fact I missed a day last week due to a headache and extreme tiredness. I slept until past 11:30 am on Thursday! Must be all the hard work of getting ready to retire!

No comments: