Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One More Second

I did a little dance tonight outside in the fading light. Hurray - the sun is coming back - the dark is receding. Celebrate!

numinous (NOO-muh-nus adjective - supernatural, mysterious; filled with a sense of the presence of divinity : holy; appealing to the higher emotions or to the aesthetic sense : spiritual



She hung in the sky with numinous glow, her dress of grey flannel flowing to the ground where it brushed against the luminous snow.

(In other words the moon was bright. The clouds made a glow around it, the sky was a soft dark grey, the snow was bright white.)



My team lunch was today. It was fun but a little sad. I didn't cry though which is good 'cause I thought I might. They got me a lovely Sony e-Reader so now I know I'll always have something to do! I'll be able to buy books without having to slog through the snow which is totally wonderful. I looked online and there are lots of old classics that you can download for free, so I can even improve myself.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a fantastic gift. There are lots of sites with free books. Enjoy!