Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Shave and A Haircut


It was freezing rain when I got up this morning and then it poured a mixture of freezing rain and regular rain the rest of the day. I'm glad its Sunday and we don't have to go anywhere.

Its funny how the word of the day often talks to what I'm experiencing or thinking already. Today's word is gulosity (excessive appetite : greediness). Yesterday we celebrated my father-in-law's 85th birthday at a Chinese food buffet. The food was good with dishes from all areas of China, dim sum, and even a bit of Sushi thrown in. My gulosity knew no bounds! I'm still stuffed... It was a fun time to catch up with family that we don't see very often. I forgot to take pictures though - dooh.

We picked up the last of the slipcovers yesterday. It looks great. Now I just have to get sewing but that will wait until I'm retired - just 17 days away (8 working days).

Carm giving a helping hand
Poodle hair cut day - not their favorite but a necessary evil when you are a poodle. I clipped off their leg puffs in the fall - now they look funny and spindly legged - but the puffs just collect so much stuff. I'll let them grow back starting the next haircut. I like them to look their best when we are camping (although they do look a bit dorky with a poodle cut!).

No comments: