Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Glabrous Cheek

Today's word of the day is glabrous (GLAY-brus adjective : smooth; especially : having a surface without hairs or projections). Well - this morning I ran my hand on Carm's face which was not especially glabrous as he has not shaved for a few days. One of Carm's pre-retirement ramblings was wondering if he would still shave everyday. I can tell you the answer now - its no!



We went for a little tramp across some of our land that we haven't been on for quite a while. The dogs thought it was great fun, although we had to call them back from the creek which had open water. Speaking of open water, ice fishing is a big pastime in this area. The fishermen build these big elaborate huts on the ice, complete with wood stoves and sometimes even picture windows. I've been told that they also usually have a cot or bed as then its legal to drink alcohol in them. Sometimes with a mid-winter melt these "huts" almost, and surely sometimes do, sink into the river.


My idle pleasure today was taken in the "normal" ways - tramping around outside watching the dogs play, quietly reading in the afternoon, feeling my husband's grizzled cheek. I'm learning that one need only be aware to find pleasures. BTW - its Carm's turn to make supper tonight - that is surely an Idle Pleasure to be enjoyed :-)

I got this is the email from Inspiration Peak this morning that I wanted to share:
  In our imaginations we believe that love is apart from us.
  Actually there is nothing but love, once we are ready to accept
  it. When you truly find love, you find yourself.
    Deepak Chopra
    Indian Author and Medical Doctor

No comments: