Friday, February 25, 2011

Apposite

I was surfing around today looking for recipe ideas for my diet. I came across this site and since it is a good overview of the diet I've included the link. This is the link to the Eat to Live main site, it has some inspiring articles.



remembering springs of the past and
dreaming of what is yet to come...
Today's word of the day is apposite (AP-uh-zit adjective : highly pertinent or appropriate : apt). I am having a hard time thinking up an apposite story to go along with this word. Sometimes the word of the day triggers a thought or a memory right away, sometimes I have to rack my brain to think of something and sometimes I just can't think of anything at all. Some of it has to do with the word - some are pretty obscure, but I suspect a lot of it has to do with my level of mental acumen at the time.

My main pleasure today was having the afternoon to myself while Carm is away at someone's retirement lunch. Not that having him around is a problem, we've actually been getting along great, there have only been a few times when one of us (usually me) has been a bit irritable. Since the house is a great room concept we are basically in the same room together all the time. Which means he has to listen to my horrible singing when I'm on the treadmill.


I thought that this "Inspiration Peak" was apposite given my mention of singing...
I believe in kindness.
Also in mischief.
Also in singing,
especially when singing is not necessarily prescribed.
Mary Oliver
American Poet and Pulitzer Prize Recipient
lentils cooking for pate
My other pleasure today - getting through another day without cheating even though my normal habit when Carm is away is to have snacks and treats all afternoon or evening - sometimes to the point of not feeling well (duhh!). It was hard but I did it! Instead I made a Lentil Pate which is now cooling in the fridge. I'm going to try it with sliced pear or with spicy cooked apple. I'll let you know if it is edible or gagerific.

can there ever be enough pictures of dogs sleeping?

No comments: