Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kindle Fires to Warm It

This is the profile of the camper last weekend
I wonder what it will look like after today's
blowing snow.
This quote seems especially pertinent today as a blizzard is making its way across the US and Canada. The wind is just howling and the snow is whipping around. A good day to stay inside with a virtual fire, loaves of bread baking in the oven, and a movie on the TV (Up - I had to get out the tissue at least 3 times!).
If the world seems cold to you,
kindle fires to warm it.

Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893
American Author, Poet and Mill Girl
Today's pleasures: listening to the wind whipping the snow against the house, knowing that we were safe and snug at home and not out on the roads ; a little trip outside into the wild weather ; coming back inside after being in the wild weather! ; watching the dogs be mesmerized by the talking digital dogs in the movie ; smelling bread baking in the oven (will I ever get tired of this?) ; eating bread fresh out of the oven (I will never get tired of this!).

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're making me want to bake bread! I have a bread machine, but haven't used it in years. I just might do it this weekend! Stay warm! :)