Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moments of Lucidity

Today's word of the day is lucid (LOO-sid adjective - 1a : suffused with light : luminous b : translucent ; 2: having full use of one's faculties : sane ; 3: clear to the understanding : intelligible. My blog entries have not been particularly lucid as I do tend to ramble on and on. Today I had moments, long moments, where my brain felt stodgy and slow - I felt tired and exhausted and I'm not really sure why. So instead of pushing through like I might have done when working, I just took it easy for a while. Eventually I started to have lucid moments again.

The dogs got some pig neck bones last night. They lasted Kabira around 30 minutes, but Bella and Spike enjoyed theirs for a full hour. They were happy puppies and as a bonus their teeth got a good cleaning. We've been using the pre-ground meat mix too much so there has been a build-up of tartar on their teeth. Nothing like a natural bone to clean them up.


I put a table by the window for my sewing machine. Now
I have really good light, but have to make sure
I keep my attention on the sewing so I don't have to get the seam ripper out again!

I did a bit of sewing and then to take a break, (but still be somewhat productive), I added 6 recipes to my recipe software. All are from "More HeartSmart Cooking with Bonnie Stern". This was in the back of my recipe shelf - what a find - I've found several promising recipes, including some that I've already tried. I'll try to make at least a couple more over the next month. Tonight, out of the same book, we had Thai Chicken and Noodle Stir-Fry which was easy and very tasty - I'll post the recipe tomorrow.
White Bean and Roasted Garlic Spread (26 cal per tbsp)
Lemony Lentil Soup (225 cal per serving)
White Bean and Spinach Soup (177 cal per serving)
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup (172 cal per serving)
Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
Carrot Salad with Moroccan Dressing (87 cal per serving)

No comments: