Friday, February 11, 2011

Take a Trip with Imagination

Logic will get you from A to B.
Imagination will take you everywhere.
Albert Einstein, 1879-1955
Theoretical Physicist, Author and Philosopher
I should have named the blog "Idle Pursuit of Pleasure" as my days seem to be more idle than anything else. I did do a bit of crocheting - I'm up to 31 squares now, and we took a trip into the village to look for a book shelf and pick up the car from its oil change. Oh, and a short little snowshoe. All in all a pretty idle day.

Today's word of the day is unctuous (UNK-chuh-wus adjective - 1a : fatty, oily b : smooth and greasy in texture or appearance ; 2: insincerely smooth in speech and manner). The first thing that comes to mind are politicians - how many can you think of that are not unctuous? I've known one or two people from work that have been unctuous - this is not the forum to talk about them though.

For supper we had Italian sausage, with a Greek Style Quinoa Salad (see another blog here for the recipe). It was a yummy salad that I will certainly be making again. It will be great when camping. The recipe makes a lot so the leftovers will be good for a quick and easy lunch. Because of what I had on hand I swapped the tomato for red pepper.

I gave the dogs whole fish tonight with their dinner. NOT a hit. They would barely even pick the fish up (although I was standing in the livingroom and turned around to find that Spike had dropped one at my feet). Even after I cut them up no one ate any. So I whirled it with my immersion blender to add with their breakfast tomorrow - fish smoothie anyone?

My pleasures today all revolve around the little drive back from the village I took in the truck (GMC HD 1 ton diesel): listening to the low rumble of the engine when I started it ; the feeling of acceleration when taking off from a stop sign ; the feel of the leather steering wheel. All pleasures that bring a smile to my face.

No comments: