Friday, April 22, 2011

Primordial

We had a wonderful, beautiful day and a great visit with my brother Graham and his wife and kids. We were lucky enough to get outside for a walk around our property. I even found a little surprise visitor in the garden.



Today's word of the day is primordial (prye-MOR-dee-ul adjective - 1a : first created or developed : primeval b : existing in or persisting from the beginning (as of a solar system or universe) c : earliest formed in the growth of an individual or organ ; 2: fundamental, primary). Someday I would love to visit the primordial forests in British Columbia. I've seen them on TV and they look fascinating. I especially love the intersection between land and sea where orcas can sometimes be seen.



Using the English language: I changed schools and provinces a lot during my school years and somehow I missed some of the grammer lessons taught in English classes. Thus I'm never really sure when to use an 's for a plural - I'm sure you have seen the errors in my text. I have Carm read before I post, but he may not catch them all. I need to find a good grammar web site that I can refer to.

My pleasures yesterday: Pho ; looking at carpets to replace the one in the livingroom sitting area ; going out for supper with Kari & Trevor - it was great to see them and catch up ; yummy, drippy hamburger with salty, crisp fries - very non diet but we gave ourselves a little reward. We will get really back on track Monday.

My pleasures today: going for a tromp around the property ; visiting with my brother and his wife ; tasting a bit of turkey breast cooked with fresh rosemary - yum.

rocks in the old foundation on our property

No comments: