Monday, April 4, 2011

Waterloo


It was a cold, rainy, foggy, day and I didn't feel motivated to do much other than make a folder of photos of Bella, Kabira and Spike. I'm going to use some tool, MS Word perhaps, to make an album of memories that I can then print. It will be better than just printing out a pile of photos as I can add words and descriptions. Kinda like a scrapbook.

the day we picked out Bella. I think she was 4 or 5
weeks. Then came 4 more weeks till she was old
enough to come home. 4 weeks seemed like an
eternity!

I did get onto the treadmill though and got through to the end of the "Accidental Buddhist" - a good read that left lots to think about.

Today's word of the day is Ruritanian (rur-uh-TAY-nee-un adjective : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an imaginary place of high romance). As she put on the new dancing shoes she was transported to the Ruritanian world of Cinderella's ball and her glass slipper. Thoughts of dancing with her own Prince Charming brought a smile to her lips. I don't know if this is exactly the right way to use this word but it will have to do. Are there any Ruritanian places that you visit in your imagination - and to honest - I've never been to Cinderella's ball except when watching the movie, which I haven't seen for years and years...

My pleasures today: crunching into some cold green pepper ; waking up at 7:30, thinking that in the pre-retirement days I would have already been at work for almost an hour... then going back to bed ; watching Spike chase his tail ; running on the treadmill to Abba's "Waterloo" - okay, that's all I could run for, but I was RUNNING!



1 comment:

Blair Stannard said...

Laura:

You are too young to know who ABBA was.

Blair