Thursday, May 26, 2011

Onward to the Rally

On this prodigious day we loaded up the trailer again and headed off to Kingston – the site of the 2011 Titanium Rally. What fun we are expecting, with 32 trailers expected there will be lots of new people to meet, and perhaps some old acquaintances to renew friendships with.  Thank you to Merriam Webster for today’s word of the day – prodigious (pruh-DIJ-us adjective - 1: resembling or befitting a prodigy : strange, unusual ; 2: exciting amazement or wonder ; 3: extraordinary in bulk, quantity, or degree : enormous). My use of the word isn’t exactly correct as we aren’t experiencing exciting amazement or wonder, but we are excited to head further afield.

20110526_rideau-acres_002

20110526_rideau-acres_003

Rideau Acres, the site of the rally, is approximately a 2 hour drive away. It is supposed to rain on and off today, but maybe the weather will hold off until we are at least set up and maybe even till we’ve given the dogs a good walk (let’s keep our fingers crossed!).

I’ve talked about the 2009 rally a few times in my blog. It is the one that had the Celtic Festival at the same time (right next to our campsite I might add) – I think I even posted a video on YouTube. Guess what – I did a bit of sleuthing online and found out that the festival will be on again this next weekend… while we are there… in the same campsite. I think it will be good fun! But maybe I’ll pack some cotton wool…

20110526_rideau-acres_009

Pleasures? Getting all packed and ready to go – the only thing I forgot was dubbin for my boots – especially important with all the rain forecast ; lilacs – yes, I brought a bouquet from the garden. They smell so lovely in the camper. ; meeting new people ; being snug in the camper when it turned cold.

No comments: