Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family Fun Sunday

“There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.” – Alexander Woolcott

Today was such a day (not an unimportant one). Having Carm’s family gathered was a good thing (sorry Frank wasn’t here though). It was a fun afternoon with lots of eating – now I’m exhausted and full.

We have Carm’s mom staying with us for a few days. The poor dear has been shuttled from place to place every few days, giving her no time to settle in and feel like she’s home. It must be disruptive changing beds ever few days. She seems to love the dogs and Bella especially is thrilled to have someone who will pet and pet :-)

 

A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting. – Henry David Thoreau

No comments: