Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Feel Blue with a Bit of Green

20110726_sky_010

The weather has recovered from yesterday’s showers and thunderstorms. It is a perfect 26C with a breeze (stiff wind) from the south west. It is not a day that drives you into the water, but instead one which can be enjoyed from the comfort of a chair in the shade. I got into my bathers and lay in the sun to get myself into the mood… not.

The water is a beautiful blue with the sun sparkling off it and the sky is  another shade of blue with just a ridge of cloud on the southern horizon. The colour of the water changes according to the earth’s mood – I guess it’s like a giant mood ring (remember those from the 70’s).

This morning we drove down to the lighthouse and started our walk from there. We were mostly on the bike lane on a road that isn’t travelled much. We did have to head inland on a little trail to get to the loop on the other side. There was a lot of poison ivy but the path was wide enough to avoid it. The mosquitos though were out in full force. They especially go after Bella – sometimes there were 10’s on her…

And now I’m off to Margaritaville ;-)

No comments: