Friday, July 15, 2011

Our 22nd Anniversary

Where do the years go? It surely can’t be that long ago that we got married and yet at times it seems like I’ve been married my whole life… I feel blessed to have a great relationship – sure we have our occasional bumpy bits, but the up bits far outweigh these.

Looking back at the photos was fun – but how to choose just a couple? Who do I leave out? I ended up choosing the ones with Dads in them (for obvious reasons) and the one of Kirsten (my sister and maid of honour) with Joe (Carm’s brother and best man) cause I know they read the blog. We all looked so young! Oh wait a minute – we were young – I was just 26.

The song for our first dance was “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong. Listening to it even now gives my heart a rush of love and for just a moment recalls the wedding day feelings perfectly.

To celebrate, we headed out to a little artisan town not too far away to wander through the shops, and get a nice loaf of bread. Then we headed to a little park at one of the Rideau Canal locks where we had a picnic. It was lovely just to sit by the water and watch the boats come up. We agreed that we have to do this more often.

What a lovely day. Tonight we’ll celebrate with what else but bubbles :-) (and, shhhhh, don’t tell – Kentucky Fried Chicken – it’s sort of traditional).

 

Oh, the summer night, Has a smile of light, And she sits on a sapphire throne.
Barry Cornwall

No comments: