Thursday, August 11, 2011

Burrrrrrr

Today, aside from our walk, I have only been venturing out of the camper bundled in woolly socks, long pants and sweaters. The wind is blowing a gale and the temperatures are cool – with the wind chill it is cchhhiiiillllllliiii…. We sure are glad to have such comfortable digs! It’s not a hardship to be stuck inside at all (Kabira and I have been under a blanket on the bed reading all afternoon – well, I’ve been reading, she’s just been sleeping). And we still have good views of the water (including from my “desk” where I’m writing this now). Does this make us bad campers? I suppose it must, but guess what, my style of “camping” is a-okay with me right now!

You would think that this cool weather would encourage us to load ourselves into the truck and go for a drive somewhere, but there is no where that is inspiring us as a destination. Speaking of destination, have you seen the trailers for the new “Final Destination” movie? Even just watching the short TV ads gives my brain enough fodder for bad dreams – I’d hate to see what would happen if I watched the whole movie! I’m such a wuss.

After today we have just one more full day before we head home. I’ll be sad to leave but sure will be glad to get home to my own bathing facilities! Cold (okay, lukewarm) showers are starting to get old and I can hardly wait to soak in a hot bubble bath…

Tonight we get to enjoy the Pepperoncini beef again – the beauty of a good sized freezer means I was able to save some for now. I just have to wash some spinach for a green salad and cut up a tomato and supper will be ready. Sometimes those really easy suppers are the best. Although last night was a cop out as well – hot dogs instead of the potato/spinach frittata that I had planned… at least we had a green salad and a tomato basil salad to “veg” it up a bit.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

That is what I call a water view from the office