Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How Irish Dancing Started

Someone sent us a link to this video – I swear I was almost rolling on the floor – so for those of you who like Irish Dancing (I loved Riverdance) it is worth a look – “How Irish Dancing Started”.

Yesterday was a quiet day, just puttering around the house and garden. Not much to note. I tried to be mindful of pleasures, but I must have been in a wee bit of a funk as not much inspired me. Too much time on the computer maybe. But I’m caught up on almost all of the blogs I read – some just got a quick scan but I did get through them. I’m not sure why I didn’t just mark them all as read though…

I did tear myself away from blog reading long enough to try a new salad recipe for lunch. It was 1 cup quinoa (cook as directed on package), 2 big tomatoes, a bunch of basil, and the zest and juice from 1 lime. It was easy to make and really quite tasty. The recipe called for olive oil, which I didn’t use, and cilantro for a more Mexican flair, but since I didn’t have any I substituted the basil. I think it would be good either way. This made enough for us to have leftovers today – yum and healthy.

It’s another beautiful day today – hot and sunny. I had planned to take my book and iPod onto the swing for a relaxing morning however, I tried to add another song to my iPod and found that my whole music directory was fubared with missing songs and albums everywhere… I guess I never transferred it properly when I got my new laptop… so guess where I spent my morning… yes, in front of my computer!

I did get out this afternoon to pick up the mail though. Thank goodness I didn’t totally miss the day!

 

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

That is an interesting quote at the bottom, considering how Napoleon ended up:)