Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Software Upgrades

I got two emails yesterday about new versions of software being available. I know it's crazy but I went ahead and upgraded them both - My Memories scrapbooking software and Advanced Diary journaling software. These both run on my laptop and neither will be replaced by functionality on my prun. I've been using both pieces of software for nearly a year and would be lost without them.

Some of the things on my to-do list is to create albums in MyMemories for pets and horses of years past. I plan to go through my piles of photos and scan good pictures to include in the albums. Then once it is all good I'll send the albums out for printing. I found one place that prints the albums on archival quality silk paper for quite a reasonable sum. I like having hard copies to look back at - old fashioned I guess!

This morning was the first morning of really heavy frost, in fact the frost wasn't fully off the grass when I went out for a little walk around 1pm. It was the first day of tearing eyes and running nose. The cold didn't slow down the dogs any though - they still raced around like crazy. Oh, the good news (touch wood, fingers crossed) Spike has not gone near the gate since our training session. We'll do another setup in a few days to make sure. His large chicken-bone is a good thing. The chicken bone is something that he and I share - I'm pretty safety conscious too - I learned the lesson well from my Dad... being a doctor I guess he saw his share of outcomes from accidents. Did you know that you shouldn't wear flip flops or sandals on your bike - I cringe when I see such disregard for personal safety! Just ask Carm, I can see danger where only the very smallest possibility exists.

Carm had his cardiac "stress test" today, not because there was anything wrong with him but just as a baseline and to make sure. Of course they never give any indication of the outcome of the test right there, he'll have to wait to hear from his doctor. Carm's mother has heart disease and had a heart attack in her late 70s and now has a few stents in place to keep her healthy, but I think Carm has a healthier lifestyle. We do have to get more consistent with exercise though. No excuses cause we have an excellent dreadmill - oops - I think I meant treadmill ;-)

We are due to get our first freezing rain and snow overnight. Already the sky has become overcast, obliterating the beautiful sun and blue sky that we had earlier.

Food... food is so time consuming... making it, cleaning up after making it, eating it, cleaning up after eating it. No wonder America (and I count Canada here too) has such a love affair with fast food. That being said, most of the time I get a lot of satisfaction in making and of course eating, food. Tonight on the menu - Curry flavour brown rice & lentils, leftover grilled zucchini and mushrooms. Simple and healthy food, but even still required a certain amount of time in the kitchen.

Pictures of the dogs as usual... Spike lies on that pillow for hours everyday looking out the window. I've never known a dog so much into window watching. It's a typical pose for Kabira - in a tight little ball trying to keep warm (yes we heat our house) - she loves to sleep.

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: