Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Work Avoidance but Walking

It's 11:30 am and the truck says its 17C, so guess where we are... heading down to the bird sanctuary to hopefully find the watch that I lost the other day. Not holding out much hope, but it's a nice day for a drive/walk anyway.

We got to the sanctuary but no watch to be found. I was a bit disappointed, but not all that surprised. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for a cheap watch that I can attach to the dog walking/poo bag pouch.

Today we headed down a path that we saw the last time. It was a lovely path, some of it through open meadows, and some through woods, and all on a wide, gravel path. The dogs were happy to get out again, but were not as keen as yesterday.

20111109_uc-walk_004

20111109_uc-walk_002

When we got back to the truck we polished up a few apples and dug out a couple of honey bars for a nice little snack. As we were sitting at the picnic table some ladies came by with bags of seed which they held in their hands. Sure enough little chickadees were landing right in their hands. Carm got up to join them with a bit on honey bar – one chickadee liked the special treat.

20111109_uc-walk_009

On the way home we took the back roads again, guided by both a paper map and my new prun (productivity unit!). We passed by the junkyard again (scary). I wonder how people can live like that? It is so foreign to me and out of my realm of experience.

 

All in all it was a gorgeous day, another bonus for November!

1 comment:

The Good Luck Duck said...

It might be liberating to reach the point where nothing you put on your lawn will make a difference.