Wednesday, January 11, 2012

By the End of the Year

For once it wasn't snowing or freezing rain for our trip into town. We got a bit of sun and also grey cloud. With the wind blowing the way it was it is brrrr.... cold.

I  met with my doctor and brought up that I'd like to stop two of my three medications - it seemed like a simple yes to me. She was hesitant and hummed and hawed and finally said maybe by the end of the year. WHAT!!!! The end of the year - we are just at the beginning now... Anyway after some discussion we agreed on the first increment of reduction (and increments they will be - talk about baby steps). I guess I can be grateful that she sees the downside and will help me achieve the greatest chance of success with her slower approach.

We've added another loop to our morning walk so we are up to 18 minutes first thing in the morning. I know it's not a full workout but it is a good start - especially when paired with our afternoon walk. Getting exercise as part of our daily routine is proving to be hard - it's not like we have lovely hiking areas, especially in the winter. The treadmill doesn't hold much alure, but maybe the Kinnect would be fun - tomorrow.

I don't know how they do it but Costco has a huge hotdog and drink for just $1.50. We rarely succumb, but today we missed lunch so the hotdog lured us. It was good while I was eating it but after it just seemed to fatty - it's still gurgling around my stomach.

No comments: