Friday, January 13, 2012

The Fire is so Delightful

How does it go? Oh yes:

Oh the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, And since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping, And I've bought some corn for popping, The lights are turned way down low, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight, How I'll hate going out in the storm! But if you'll really hold me tight, All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying, And, my dear, we're still good-bying, But as long as you love me so, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

That about sums up the day, except for the freezing rain that accompanied us on our morning walk... again, we were happy not to have to brave the wicked roads. Instead Carm started a roaring fire. Perfect -  I pulled the loveseat over to the fireplace and read. I could look up and see either the warm flames or I could look out the window to see the snow fall. I'll have to say - a day spent like this is no real hardship!

20120113_snow-day-inside_002 20120113_snow-day-inside_006

At our regular 3:30pm walk-about time we bundled up and headed outside. There was a lot of snow! Carm shovelled the decks while I took the dogs (minus Kabira who woossed out and stayed inside) for our walk. The snow was deep, 3/4 of the way to my knee. It was a hard slog but we made it for both loops. Spike and Bella were having fun leaping through the fresh snow. Spike always amazes me cause he's so little and works so darn hard to keep up but he's 100% keen.

20120113_snow-day-outside_007 20120113_snow-day-outside_012
20120113_snow-day-outside_014 20120113_snow-day-outside_024
20120113_snow-day-outside_019 20120113_snow-day-outside_023
20120113_snow-day-outside_021  

It feels like we should be having a treat supper - after all we survived the blizzard, but I don't know what to make so will stick to my plan of spiced lentils. It's a new recipe that has fresh cilantro and mint. What is your snow day supper?

ggskj1-small

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Nothing like a nice soup, chicken or split pea, and homemade bread!