Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Lovely Winter Day

20120115_sunny-winter-day_004It was another cold one - minus 23 when we got up but it warmed up to minus 16 by mid-day. There wasn't much wind and the sun was shining so I bundled up and headed out. It was lovely! Everything was still so pretty, although the ice was melting off the trees, I really love a winter day like this. I suppose sun can make anything seem good, but when it sparkles off the snow, well, I just love winter. (Is that insane or do you think it's the change in medications?!)

20120115_sunny-winter-day_01420120115_sunny-winter-day_00720120115_sunny-winter-day_00820120115_sunny-winter-day_013

300px-Mancinimercer003Last night we watched... wait for it... you'll never guess... "the Lawrence Welk Show"! Yes, we took a step back to 1974 to bask in the dorkiness that was. If you thought it was dorky then (and I did), it is over the top now. We laughed and laughed! There was a good tap dancer though. But who tap dances anymore? As far back as I can remember the Lawrence Welk show has been on at 6pm Saturday nights, always right after the Bugs Bunny show. Well, it is still on at 6 but no Bugs. According to the narrator at the beginning of the show it's been on for 50 years! It's older than I am. Ain't that a hoot!

pine cone vintage image graphicsfairy3c

No comments: