Monday, April 16, 2012

The Days Meld into One

Not much has been going on for us the last little while. I've been focusing on exercising and healthy eating, which involves looking at all my old diet recipes and trying to find some new ones. Here's how boring it is around here - this afternoon I ordered two new cookbooks (both Vegan and both written by Dreena Burton) and I'm so excited to get them! It will be a long week or two waiting.

20120416_spring-property_003

I've been spending way too much time on the calorie counter site. I've been sitting at my computer in the morning planning out the day's food and trying to get the nutrition to add up, all without eating any dairy, or meat. I've pretty much got the iron thing worked out, but calcium, that's a bit tougher. I'm thinking of adding some yoghurt, but I've read some things about dairy products leaching the calcium in the blood into the urine, so I'm not too sure. I may try to stick with soy for now, at least until I can find some more research. I'm also going to try adding some blackstrap molasses to my morning smoothies - apparently it is super high in calcium. Anyway, I've played around, and even with dairy and meat, you have to really pay attention to what you are eating to meet all your nutrition requirements. I'm pretty sure I rarely ever have. If you are eating pre-packaged foods it is even more likely that you aren't meeting your requirements. We are an amazing species in that we can live so long on crap!

20120416_spring-property_007

Yesterday we deeked out for a short trip to an open house by the guy who fixed our trailer a few years back. He has opened a (nice) new facility just for fixing rv's. You may recall that we took our rv there last year for the leak test (where he found a few minor leaks). Having already fixed some water damage it seems like pretty cheap insurance to do the test! After that we looked at the models for Morewood homes. They are built inside, in modules which makes them super high quality. We almost bought one several years back, but found Nick Canci. Nick did a terrific job building our house - we felt very lucky to have found him. The models were nice, but I love my house so much more. The funny thing is, one of the models that we went into was the base of the floorplan for our house. I moved every single wall in the house! And shuffled the rooms around. There is nothing in common now.   20120416_spring-property_010

I’d like a chocolate bar…

If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
H. G. Wells

No comments: