Sunday, May 13, 2012

Let the Love Flow to the Top

This morning I was powering along on the treadmill this morning, looking out the window and daydreaming, lost in my own internal world. A flicker of motion in the tree outside the window caught my attention. I looked closely and saw, in the crook of two branches, a robin building her nest. She paused, looking around carefully, before she darted off for the next bit of mud and grass. Back and forth she went, the nest getting bigger with each trip. Every now and again a resplendent looking male robin perched on a lower branch. His chest was so deep orange, the top of his head so dark, his beak so bright, he was just so full of life. He seemed to be patrolling the area, making sure it was safe from intruders.

Little Robin Redbreast sat upon a tree,
Up went pussy cat, and down went he!
Down came pussy, and away Robin ran;
Says little Robin Redbreast, "Catch me if you can!"

Little Robin Redbreast flew upon a wall,
Pussy cat jumped after him, and almost got a fall!
Little Robin chirped and sang, and what did pussy say?
Pussy cat said, "Mew," and Robin flew away.

Watching all this take place drew my attention outside. I started noticing the greenness of the grass, the strength of the tree branches with its green leaves bursting forth, the birds (oh so many birds) - I was struck with the life force of Nature. I let my imagination go and could feel the energy flow through my limbs, like I was connected with Nature in a visceral way. I was energized and upped the speed a notch. One of the songs that I have gotten a mantra from was playing... "let the love flow to the top" - suddenly it got more meaning - Nature is the love and her love rises up through me - the mantra has even more meaning for me now, and I've paired the words with the incredible feeling of peace and energy that I experienced today.

There is so much life in the land this time of year, it's hard not to get caught up in its energy - let the love flow to the top.

1 comment:

Merikay said...

I have been watching the trees out my bedroom window fill out. I see the same every year and never tire of it.