Friday, June 8, 2012

Ants in my Nose

20120608_flowers_003We got home yesterday and lo and behold my favourite peonies were in their prime, with the other bushes yet to flower. I was sure that I'd miss them all, but the cold weather must have slowed them down. My nose has been buried in the fragrant petals at every opportunity. Bliss.

20120608_flowers_007

We were lucky enough to be invited to our friends place for dinner last night. It was the first time I had been in Trudie's garden in the summer and I was wowed. I didn't have the presence of mind to take photos, but just imagine a lush garden with winding paths weaving among beds filled with vegetation and sprinkled with statuary. With every turn of the path another garden area was entered. It is huge! Supper was served in the middle of the garden and miraculously there were no bugs which is very strange for this time of year.

Carm and I made a pact before we headed to the rally - no trailer shopping. Well, we didn't exactly shop... but we did look around... and today we just got back from a huge RV sale... all cheques still in our wallet... so far. (look at that fridge! Plenty of room for all our veggies.)

20120608_camper-shopping_015

20120607_side-mirror_003Oh! I wanted to tell you about the great cd we have in the truck. Years ago for Carm's 50th birthday, friends Margot and Stewart brought a cd that they had created with the top 30 songs from 1954. What an amazing gift! Those songs are included on the "mix tape" that I made for the truck, so we enjoy the music whenever we take a long trip. The Happy Wanderer is one that brings many memories for Carm (he was told not to sing in a school pageant).

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan

No comments: