Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Finished

The sound of rain woke me up a few times last night so when I woke up at 7:30 to the sound of silence I jumped out of bed to get the dogs their short walk. It was a lovely morning, fairly still but cool. There was very little traffic this morning, vehicle or pedestrian, so my walk went a little further than normal. Our destination was the lookout at the park office. Looking out over the bay, with it's marshy regions giving way to the lake, I saw birds, perhaps an egret in the distance, and further out a sailboat almost shrouded in the mists. Lovely.

This area is so beautiful, with so many lovely areas to walk and enjoy nature that I think I could live on a smaller property - IF I could easily walk to beautiful views.

The rain held off all day, although the clouds never really did go away. Still, it was cool but nice. We even went swimming twice. The water was very wavey - I had to pay attention or it would knock me off my feet. Once we got a bit deeper (still not over our heads though - I wonder how far out we'd have to go for that), the waves just bobbed us up and down, with the bigger ones breaking over our heads. Very refreshing! I think the people on the shore thought we were crazy, but they didn't know just how warm the water was.

The dogs are all tuckered out from their walks today - all totalled up it was at least 9km. Morning, mid-morning lighthouse walk, and late afternoon walk to the park store for ice cream (does that count as a walk with such a wicked destination?).

We had a late supper tonight (brown rice & lentils with pesto green beans) as we were entertaining Bill and Brenda from across the road. They live in Brighton and camp here in Presquile whenever they get a chance. And then after supper we went over to their place for a campfire. Another couple was there (Hilary and don't you hate when you can't for the life of you remember someone's name, and hope that someone else will use it in conversation, but no one ever does...) It was fun to get to know new people.

I haven't done a list of what I am grateful for lately - today (and everyday) I am grateful that I have a husband who shows how much he loves me. Which in the wake of 2 weeks of crankiness is something to say! And pleasures? Today's were mostly having to do with my surroundings, being in such a beautiful place gives pleasures at every glance. I suppose most of what I have written today has been about pleasures - oh so lucky!

If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues.
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

1 comment:

Terri's Pal said...

"2 weeks of crankiness" plus meatless meals - Carm must have the patience of a saint! Better give him some nice hugs and kisses ASAP!