Sunday, September 30, 2012

Star Bright, Star Light, I'm Too Excited to Sleep Tonight

I lay awake most of the night, too excited to sleep. We went over to friends for the evening and while there decided to book my trip. So at 10pm I entered my credit card info and then it was official. Right before bedtime probably wasn't the best timing, especially as I wasn't sleeping well the few nights before (big trigger for mania is lack of sleep). However, we didn't want to take the chance of missing the good price. I had a million thoughts going through my head all night- what shoes will I wear? Do I need a new purse for my carry on, one that fits my tablet comfortably? What electronics will I bring in my carry on? Will I have somewhere to charge them? ... I'm sure you get the picture.

Today I'm still excited but had the distraction of going camping. We are here now, all set up and enjoying a glass of wine, and golf on TV (nap time anyone). Everything went really well: loading the last minute stuff went smoothly ; hitching was good ; the drive was good ; Carm backed into the site like a professional - really, it was perfect ; the rain stopped in time for us to set up ; and then... the satellite... not so great... but as you can tell from the golf mention we did get it going. I looked up roof top automatic systems - $2500 on sale - not gonna happen.

The weather for today and tomorrow is forecasting rain (and indeed it is raining right now), but then the rest of the week looks glorious! We've camped Thanksgiving weekend every year since we started rving and I can' recall any that weren't lovely (I may have selective memory though).

The weight loss challenge is going on. Dorothy facebook'd that she was losing already! I'm pretty sure Merikay will be in the same boat - especially after the amazing hikes in the mountains she has been taking. Me? Not so good... but it's not over yet so I'll be motivated by everyone's participation.

Wherever you are - be all there. Jim Elliot

3 comments:

Merikay said...

You are right, I came home a few pounds lighter, but the challenge is always to keep it off and aim for the next pound. Craig is out of town this weekend so I'm on my own food wise. In the past that might have meant fast food or fatty indulgence. But Friday night I grilled a large pan of veggies, ate half with a sausageless sausage and ate the same for dinner Saturday.
Tonight I am going to try a baked tofu "rueben" made on a sandwich thin in the Penni maker. The trick will be to only eat two. I also bought a watermellon and for me thats all I can eat! :@ ))

You will drop a few pounds this month. I'm sure of it!

bjosa said...

I'm off for a not that good start on the weight loss too. For some time I'm on a medicine leaving me more hungry than usual. I forgot to mention my weight now is 182 pound. And I'm aiming for 165. Even if it will take some months to get this goal. When I go for three weeks vacation to the Canary Islands at the end of this month I will have 176 on the scale. So keep it up, Laura, we will make this happend.

Terri's Pal said...

Sadly, my weight loss reversed when I stupidly cooked a frozen pizza in the oven and ate it over (only) 3 days :-( On Sunday, I'll be at my nephew's wedding so I'm unlikely to lose weight then. I'll have to restart the process on Monday. My very very long term aim is to reach 135 but that would take a couple of years at best.