Friday, October 26, 2012

A Parallel Universe

Guess what I did today... more shoe shopping! Hurrah. We took back the pair that I got the other day, I tried on some dressier shoes with heels and found a pair I like. They aren't particularly comfortable, and do hurt my feet - BUT - I can handle that in a pair of shoes meant to look good, rather than feel good. There was no way I was going to settle for a pair of comfortable shoes that weren't comfortable, but these I can stand. (plus I hope they stretch out a bit which will make them feel just a bit better.).



After that Carm dropped me off downtown while he went on to his dentist to get a filling redone. I managed to catch Jo Ellen at her desk so we had a nice walk about in the sun, before I left her to slowly make my way back to where the car was parked. It was in a 2hr parking zone so I had to move it. I rarely drive and even more rarely drive downtown. But today it was up to me as Carm was still drooling in the dentist chair. It was easy enough to find a new parking spot but since it was along the street it meant parallel parking. I haven't parallel parked since my drivers test when I was sixteen, and since I'm fifty now that makes it 34 years ago (OMG). Well, I am pleased to say that I got into the spot first try (okay, it was a big spot but still!). I wanted to call out to passers by but realized that would be insane. But I guess I'm crowing about it now, which is also insane! I never said I wasn't crazy. (cue the theme music, Billy Joel - you might be crazy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cih0btgJw8s&feature=youtube_gdata_player )



All this activity was done during the nicest day this fall. Of course the camper was already winterized. Oh well, I was out and about downtown walking and enjoying the sun (and all the "characters" along the yucky part of Bank St.). And then when we got home we took a stroll around the estate. The heifers watched us over the fence until we got too close, at which point they ran off in their ungainly way.




Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus

3 comments:

Merikay said...

I refuse to wear shoes that hurt my feet! I guess that's why I'm not very fashionable. Its like the Poem, "When I grow old I shall wear purple!"

Glad you found some shoes that you do like, hope you won't be walking in them to much if they hurt you.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Merikey, I'm with you on the shoe thing which is why I've been wearing only blundstone boots for the last several years, but now with my better figure I'd like to look good sometimes! Like a grownup! But it looks like I'll be sticking with the ugly clogs...