Saturday, October 13, 2012

Big Yellow Taxi

While my head is still a little fuzzy from the bubbles (sparkling wine), and still one glass to go, I'm going to talk about our supper.

I have never been one for absolutes (pun intended). Which is why we had steak for supper tonight. I know that it isn't good for me, that animal protein consumption is linked to cancer, heart disease and a host of other ailments. But surely a little piece of steak every month or so won't hurt me (much). It's not like we are having bacon for breakfast, deli meats for lunch, and a big piece of animal flesh for supper. It's just a little 6oz chunk. Oh so good grilled on the bbq with some garlic, dark soy sauce and sesame oil. Our side dishes (I couldn't spell the word I wanted even close enough for spell checker to figure it out) were all healthy to offset the badness.




I guess I just can't see giving up meat 100%. How do people convince themselves that a little steak ever now and again is to be avoided at all costs?


Oh - I'm writing this using software I found called BlogPost (hence the photos stuck all over). It seems like it might do the trick. Hurrah (fingers firmly crossed). Although it looks like I may have to pre-load the photos into Picassa. Why doesn't anything work how you expect it to?


You'll notice that Carm has the remote in his hand - he's watching Bill Moyer with Anne Coulter. Two outspoken people (ha ha understatement).

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Every meal is a choice. We learned when we kept a salt water fish tank that the fish did best when we fed then a wide variety of foods. but I also find I don't enjoy beef as much as I did in the past. Actually I think it has been a couple of months since I had any. I really don't want it any more. Pork, chicken, fish, yes.

Laura said...

I agree, but I keep hoping I'll make better choices!