Sunday, November 4, 2012

Remember Pong?

The news had a segment tonight about the new release of Halo and some other game. The graphics are out of this world! I'm dating myself, but I remember when Pong was a big deal. When I was in my early teens I used to walk with my Dad to Bayshore Shopping Centre. As we went in the door through the Bay we'd stop and admire the amazing new video game. It was a big thing!

In my late teens, early twenties, I'd go with my boyfriend to a video game place where we'd play pinball and pac man. The racket of pings and bells and blaring music. After that it was many years before I played video games again. Now we sometimes play Kinect Adventures, but that is more for exercise. The kinect is pretty neat as it is motion capture. We've come a long way baby!

I promised Dorothy that I'd post the final results for our first weight loss challenge. Everyone did really well and met their goals... except me. I made it down those 5 pounds for the 31st, but have now popped up a few pounds over the last few days. Merikay has really been able to change her outlook and has successfully lost a ton of weight (read her blog!). Bjorn also lost his 5 pounds and is now happily gaining it back on his holiday to the Canary Islands. Dorothy also lost 5 pounds and is ready to take on the next challenge. Five more pounds by the end of November. We can do this!


A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
Mignon McLaughlin

1 comment:

Merikay said...

My goal is to not gain any pounds for the month of November. Does that count? I am thrilled to see 154 on the scale face for the third day in a row. I always figure I can claim the loss after three days. The first is a flluke, the second is a flirt, and day three is mine. I will not crash!