Saturday, December 22, 2012

3 Seconds More!



The shortest day of the year has now past us - 3 more seconds today, 8 more tomorrow! It starts off slowly but will quickly accelerate and before we know it, it will be June


The wind howled and more snow and ice fell over the night and throughout the day. Around 3:30 I was laying on the futon looking at my email, when the sky cleared and the sun blazed into my eyes. Lovely. I sat there blinded by the sun, enjoying every moment of the brightness.



Earlier in the afternoon I had sat in the same place watching Carm shovel the end of the laneway... not for long though as visions of him having a heart attack made me rush out with my own little shovel to help out. I'm afraid I wasn't much help, and was more of a hindrance, but perhaps the thought counted for something. And at least he got back into the house safe and healthy!



Unfortunately while I was out there I noticed our big blue spruce, in the grove by the road, bowed to the ground... I immediately trudged through the snow banks to try to release it from the snowy grips. I removed as much snow and ice as I could, but it didn't pop back upright... I wonder if it will. I hope it isn't broken as it is a 30 + foot tree with the bluest hue.


The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell

No comments: