Sunday, December 9, 2012

A World of Song

I'll give this another try - last time the post got lost in the ether world...

I had a day of peace and quiet today as Carm went off to have lunch with his Mom and brothers. I took the opportunity to listen to Christmas music to try to get into the mood for decorating... to no avail. However it was nice to just putz around the house with the music blaring.

This is a cute video of an African Grey Parrot, the same as Grace, singing Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. It is cute, including the British accent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsriG1uS-lE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Keeping with today's the music theme, I was watching a program about Italy - they were in the town of Lucca, the home of Puccini - so you can imagine the music they had playing. At one point he was talking to a local opera singer who burst into song in the town square. Perfect. If I were to sell my soul to the devil it would be to sing like that. Imagine having a voice that sings to the angels.


No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
Hal Borland

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Music can really help our moods. I like to listen to marches when I have to clean!