Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Eyes are Blind I Cannot See

I have not got my specs with me... I have... not... got... my... specs... with... me.

Actually I do have my specs with me - 4 new pairs were delivered by courier this afternoon. This is the second time I've ordered from Zenni Optical online glass place. This time I ordered 2 pairs with transitions lenses and 2 pairs of regular lenses. All but 1 pair fit well, the one that doesn't will just have to have the arms bent a tad. They are a new prescription and it is nice to see well again!

We were lucky with the weather again yesterday and today so we did a few more things out in the camper. The rest of the Ikea kitchen rails were installed - I love them! We also took the fireplace apart again and Carm took the motor to a "guy" who got it running better. The flame effect is now working perfectly. I can't wait to spend a romantic evening :-) In the meantime though we hope to have supper out there one more night, and maybe have my parents over so they can see our new shack.





I've been feeling pretty rough the last week or two, but today it seems to have lifted somewhat. I'm not sure if it is because I got on the treadmill that I feel a bit better or if I got on the treadmill because I already felt a bit better. You know, days and weeks go by where I feel just fine, and then wham... not so great again. It is hard to keep remembering that I'll be good again if I just keep at it and not give in to the desire to pull the covers over my head. Also, knowing when to increase medications temporarily can be hard as well. I tend to wait too long as I don't like giving in. But I think that just extends the misery.




The world is round so that friendship may encircle it.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

1 comment:

Merikay said...

I find exercise on the treadmill really helps me. I have been doing a second session in the afternoons. One before breakfast and one before I start cooking dinner. Give me a release I guess.