Sunday, February 10, 2013

It Was the Wind That Made My Eyes Water

Seriously - it must have been the wind (and who has seen it?), that made my eyes water so much this afternoon when Olaf and Tammy left...

To backtrack just a bit, yesterday (our Saturday) was spent mostly by myself while everyone was in town for a brunch. I could have gone along, but took my opportunity for a quiet morning/afternoon. Aside from an hour last weekend at Olaf and Tammy's it was my first time spent alone since I came here 4 weeks ago. I needed it! My head was starting to spin from all the activity and location changes... I needed some downtime to get my head back in order. I've done better than I thought I would though.

Shawn and the girls arrived in the afternoon - it was fun to catch up with Shawn as he'd been away for 9 days, and before we knew it the time had slipped to almost 6pm and Kirsten rolled in from all her errands (I don't know how she manages to keep her energy up - she just goes, goes, goes).

After supper Kirsten and I slipped out to the garage/sleep out for a movie... on their PROJECTION SCREEN!!!! WANT WANT WANT! It was awesome to watch a movie at home but feel like we were in the theatre. Did I mention that it was awesome? The screen is probably 8 feet across, or maybe even 10 feet, and almost from floor to ceiling. It was really cool.

This morning (Sunday) we rushed around getting ready for Olaf, Tammy and Freya to come for a visit. I had thought to take everyone out for Dim Sum but Kirsten thought it would be nice for us all to be at home - that we would have a better visit. And she was right. We had a wonderful time - starting with Shenna's feast of crepes, with a side of Shawn's bucket of bacon, and other fillings. Ummmmm..... bacon..... and crepes..... crepes with nutella, banana and bacon..... ummmmm!

Later we all (except Tammy & Freya) played a name guessing game - Olaf's charade of Shawn had us rolling on the floor. It was the siblings against the young siblings and Shawn and was a pretty close game.

Too soon, it was time for Olaf, Tammy and Freya to leave :-( That's when the wind got into my eyes. It had nothing to do with the fact that this was our last time all together for this visit. That couldn't have had anything to do with it at all. But we do have a lunch planned on Wednesday (that dim sum meal that I talked about earlier), but that will just be us adults as the girls will be in school. And it will be a rushed, weekday lunch. On the day that I leave. We are also meeting Tammy for afternoon tea on Tuesday. That will be lovely. And the last afternoon tea with all the "girls".

How will I manage at the airport? I am anxious to get home, but I find the thought of leaving pricks my eyes. If only I could transport home and all loved ones to the lot next door to here. Or all of the kiwi family back to home.

Happy Tails - only 3 more sleeps left...

No comments: