Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Week Till Bubbles

It took a whole week, but finally we celebrated with bubbles! And they were delish!

When I started this blog over 2 years ago, one of my aims was to have a sort of grateful journal, one which captures pleasures in everyday things. Many sources suggest that this is a simple step to happiness and contentment, and a way to avoid depression. I have been letting that aspect of my blog slide - not when I was in NZ as everything there was a pleasure - but here at home, before I left.

So here I go again: Today the tulips we bought are in full bloom, their bright yellow and orange petals are a cheerful sight on this grey February day ; it snowed again this morning/afternoon - looking out at the white, snowy sky made me feel cosy and content - what better weather to have a relaxing day? ; the dogs cuddled up with me on the futon - more cosiness ; the gingernuts that I had with my coffee this morning were so good (too bad I couldn't have brought more home - next time no wine, more gingernuts!) ; bubbles, lovely citrusy bubbles ; chocolate paired with bubbles, how could anything get any better?

I started looking at maps and campgrounds for our trip this summer. I know where I want us to stay in Medicine Hat, but Calgary is more tricky. From what I hear there are no nice campgrounds close to the city so we will have to settle for not so nice, but cheap. It will only be for a few days while we go to a wedding. I'll make reservations for those two locations, but I'm not sure about the rest - more investigation is needed.

The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: