Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spike is Five!

Today was another step to return to right-side up. I did sleep in (past 10!), and had a quiet day of reading, walking outside (brrrrr), and watching tv. Breakfast was a healthy green smoothie, lunch a mixed green salad, and supper roasted green beans with sweet potato, roasted mushrooms and black beans. Notice all the greens! The only thing that would have made the day healthier would have been a trip on the treadmill - I'll try tomorrow. I did include a few gingernuts and pieces of chocolate - just to ease the transition ;-)

I also started the day with a bit of depression flitting through my mood - so I followed my own advice and took some omega 3s, vitamin ds and vitamin b12. It seemed to help as the feelings abated somewhat. I really need to watch as the time shift as well as the down shift of activity are triggers for a mood shift.

Today is Spike's 5th birthday! I can't believe that much time has passed - he surely is grown up now. His feelings seem to be fully recovered and/or his foot feels better as he has been stuck like glue the last day or so and has put up with 100s of birthday kisses.

Mom and I were going to go to Les Miserables today, but with freezing rain in the forecast we decided to put it off till later in the week. I still have the music swirling in my head! Must see the movie again! It is an awesome soundtrack!!!

It did snow this afternoon - why do we live in a climate like this?

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

No comments: