Monday, February 18, 2013

Yet feet that wandering have gone Turn at last to home afar

It has been a slow last few days - I started out trying to just whoosh start doing things according to this time and keep myself busy through the day. Well... that wasn't exactly working as I was tired beyond words. I was (am) also still feeling nauseous, almost like a perpetual car sickness. I figure I'm just exhausted and need to take it a bit easier. I forget that I'm not 100% to start off with and try to do things like a well person does... eventually it comes back to bite me!

Today I started feeling a whiffle of depression, so instead of spending the day lounging around I got Carm to take me for a drive. We went into town for some shopping, forgetting that it was family day. Drat. Quick change of plans sent us for lunch - Vietnamese noodles :-) On our way home we stopped for a little walk at the Mer Blue Conservation area. It was just a bit too cold for what we were wearing, but it will be a good destination on another day. The walk is just under 2km with a elevation change of 6m - ha ha ha ha!

I never talked about getting home and the reception I got, and didn't get from the dogs. Bella was beside herself and jumped her feet up onto my shoulders and wouldn't let go - a giant poodle hug. Kabira circled around crying and leaping and crying. Spike stayed on the front porch and wouldn't come over. I'm not sure if he was mad or his feelings hurt? Carm mentioned that he had cut his foot and when I looked, his foot was swollen and seemed painful. He wouldn't put that foot on the ground. A quick trip to the vet the next day got him set up with pain killers and antibiotics. He's better now and even jumped on the bed this morning. Grace was happy to see me and didn't even give me a disciplinary bite.

It was good to get home.

On a side note - we still haven't had our bottle of Valentines bubbles! I guess I'll know that I'm all caught up when that is cracked open.


Roads go ever ever on Under cloud and under star, Yet feet that wandering have gone Turn at last to home afar” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

No comments: