Saturday, March 9, 2013

Back from the Land of Nod

There hasn't been much going on the last few days - I've been in a bit of a slump and couldn't get myself to do anything, including write in my blog. Luckily it didn't last more than a few days, perhaps speeded along by the nice sunny weather yesterday and today (over 4C both days).



With the warm weather and cold nights the snow has compacted and was firm enough for me to walk on this morning. I took two walks around the field and down below along the creek before the sun softened it too much to hold my weight. It was lovely to get outside into the sun and walk my land. It was surely this that drew me back into the land of living. Nature is my solace.






I did do some sewing on Wednesday though - coats for Kabira and Spike out of this funky camouflage fleece fabric. Sewing is not my thing, but Carm did comment that there was less swearing than usual! Sometimes I fight with the sewing machine as it jams and behaves badly. I discovered a tensioning screw on the bobbin holder that might be part of the answer (I'm keeping my fingers crossed).





Since the weather was forecast to be nice we put out all the slides in the camper and today also turned on the furnace so we could do a few things inside. We even ate supper and played around with the new blueray player. We were bookmarking radio stations which was sometimes a bit funny with the bubbles in our head (cause what other way would we celebrate the first dinner of 2013 in the camper but with a bottle of the bubbly stuff!).
It was lovely little driveway getaway. I'd sleep out there tonight as well, but it will be just a bit cold overnight - I can wait a few weeks till it is warmer (but just barely!). It isn't long till our first real camp (41 days), but I'm not counting or anything ;-)


It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.

Charles Dickens

No comments: