Monday, April 22, 2013

The Beautiful Spring Came

It's true, it was nice out today. The sun and warmth has sprung some green into the grass. It seemed like it would never happen, but I now have hope for "Green "day" (the first day the leaves on the trees make everything look green).

I'm pretty sure I saw the first swallow today. I didn't get a good look at it, but there is no other bird around here that flies like that. I felt a thrill in my heart as they are perhaps my favorite bird (aside from Grace of course).

We've had a busy few days socially - Friday Jo Ellen and Don came by for a visit that extended into the evening ; Saturday we had friends Trudie and Leo over for supper (vegan fare) ; and Sunday I had a visit with my parents and brother Graham. What fun!

This morning I spent a bit of time writing up the blog post for my other blog (weekly weigh-in today - down 6lbs in 3 weeks!), then I did the treadmill (55 min), and finally, I started loading up the freezable stuff onto the camper. It went fairly well. I think I have the majority loaded, and I still have room in a few more places. There's no where to store a case of beer though - who the heck designed that! The other crazy thing is that all the storage is on one side of the trailer. That side (drivers side) also has a heavy slide with cabinetry in it. The rig is going to be seriously out of balance, but I really don't know what to do to change it.

We are tracking the weather for an opportunity to have our shake down cruise - I can hardly wait!


The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.
Harriet Ann Jacobs

No comments: