Monday, April 8, 2013

Vividly, Most Perfectly Alive


I updated the settings on my blog to disallow comments from anonymous. I have been getting spam for a while, but since it was only a few at a time they were just amusing. After today's onslaught of 20+ I got fed up and shut it down. I hope anyone that normally comments can still do so - if not head over to my other blog as I haven't shut out anonymous (yet).

I've been posting long blabbish posts on my other blog everyday. I feel like I'm doing everyone who reads this one a big favour by keeping all the diet babble to the other blog! It is my obsession right now so I'm happy to have an outlet.

The sun is shining today but it is not super warm, just around 10C but at least the wind has died down somewhat. The forecast is calling for possibility of snow in a few nights so spring isn't fully here yet. Usually we get a little teaser by now - warm, sunny, shirtsleeves weather that gives us hope. Not this year though. The first campground to open locally does so in just 1 1/2 weeks. I hope the weather will warm up enough to tempt us to go (and it seriously would not take much to get us out on the road to test out the new digs!).

I watched two robins locked in combat this morning - they rolled on the ground fighting for territory. I guess in some ways they are no different from us. Although they don't carry the battle on once the winner has been declared. There is a big window in front of my treadmill, so when I'm marching along I can watch Nature take her course. Last year there were a pair of robins in the tree right outside the window - I wonder if they will return.

For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive.
David Herbert Lawrence

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I had to do the same on my blog about two weeks ago:(