Monday, April 15, 2013

What Day is it?

So often I have to figure out what day it is as they all seem too morph together and designations get lost! Today though has a special designation - Poodle Hair Cut Day!

Saturday night we went to Mom & Dad's for supper, and as usual we brought Spike. He starts to dance around with expectation as soon as I mention we are going to Grandma's house - I have to be careful to not mention it too early in the day or he'll drive us crazy! He likes going for a few reasons - firstly because the kids are there - he loves the kids! And then there's Papa - in Spike's eyes he is the best person to play with. Spike enjoys his visit greatly... for a while... then he's had enough and wants to go home. He's a pretty good boy though and usually waits fairly patiently.

Yesterday when I was on the treadmill Grace gave a complete musical concert. I don't know if it is the treadmill noise, or because Carm wasn't there, but she whistled on and on and on. And not just any old whistle, no, she is not like regular birds with just one tune - Grace creates her own original scores. She is actually really good and doesn't just string together a bunch of discordant notes, but instead creates music. She's like a jazz band jamming! She has so many of her own works that I'm not even sure if she repeats them, I'll have to pay closer attention. I wish I could get a video to share with you, but as soon as I stop everything to get my camera she stops. I don't know if her tonal register is naturally like ours (she doesn't do Indian music), or if she learned her skills from listening to our music. Either way she is an incredible bird :-)


Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato

2 comments:

The Good Luck Duck said...

I lost track for just a second and thought Grace was your poodle. Maybe she has pentatonic tuning.

Terri's Pal said...

Next time, take your camera with you before you start on the treadmill. Try to take a video while pretending to be just using the treadmill. LOL! Easy for me to say; I never remember to have my camera with me when Terri & Flower do nose kisses, cuddle, or lick one another.