Friday, May 17, 2013

A Theatre Full of Trekkies, and me

What a day! I feel like I've been to Alfa-centuri and back!

It started off at 6am with a little walk outside to enjoy all the birds singing and the perfumed air. Then it was coffee at the computer - I was making "calling cards" for our up-coming trips. They are just little business cards that have our names and email addresses on that we can use to exchange details with people we meet.

The rest of the morning was spent with a pair of clippers in my hand. Yes, it is a bit early, but with our travel schedule for the next few weeks it was the only time to fit in hair cuts for Bella and Spike. They came out unscathed, unlike last time. The poor wee things though shook and shook at first. My heart broke, knowing it was my fault they were so scared. They were so good though and did relax by the end of the grooming.

We did a few things to get the trailer ready for our next trip, and then... went to the movies! You've probably already guessed that we went to see "Star Trek - Into Darkness" in 3D IMAX. It was a pretty good movie with a bit of humour and lots of action - that's all I'll say! Other than the 3D view while they were flying over the city caused serious vertigo.



Oh! And I almost forgot. This morning I had to stop clipping Spike for a few moments as we had a long earthquake. The house shook and shook - gosh we have a lot of stuff that tinkles (no, not that tinkle!).


It is written on the arched sky; it looks out from every star. It is the poetry of Nature; it is that which uplifts the spirit within us.
John Ruskin

No comments: