Monday, May 6, 2013

Habitual Nourishment - Weekly Weigh In–Five Weeks Done

It was a disappointing week of emotional eating and weight gain, followed by a week of camping and other excuses. Why oh why can’t I go through mood events without weight gain. Why can’t I say “I can” rather than “I don’t care”. Somehow I have to get a handle on this problem, but I’m not exactly sure how. Perhaps if I try substituting a pleasurable activity? The problem is at a certain point I don’t really care, which makes it difficult to not sabotage my progress.

At least with all the extra exercise that I get when camping I made up the 2 pounds that were gained in the previous week. Imagine how well the numbers would have looked if I had kept up with healthy eating.

The crazy thing is that I know I feel better when I avoid “bad” food (and feel gross when I do eat it), and I truly believe in the health benefits of a low-fat plant-based diet, but it is almost like an addiction – all logical thought goes out the window and I must have that bad food.

You can see by looking at my little chart how bad it was. It is no wonder that I that I lost no weight for the last two weeks. Talk about a stall. I didn’t even bother logging my food in Calorie Count – there was no point…

The good news is, this week is a new week and I can try to do better! No excuses! I have 2 weeks before the next camping trip and 3 weeks till my first goal date.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Apr 1 (0) 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 (3) 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 (4.5) 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 (6) 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 (4) 30          
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    May 1 2 3 4 5
6 (6)            

= good day = within calories, but not 100% Eat to Live = oh, oh (#) total pounds lost

No comments: