Friday, May 3, 2013

Teetering on the Edge of Green Day

It is SO close to being Green Day today, but it didn't quite make it. There are some trees that are a bit behind. They are all spewing gobs of pollen though - I've seen drifts of it blowing around - at first I thought it was smoke!




When we were in Merrickville the other day I picked up a cute little bird decoration that sticks onto a screen (it is two sided with magnets) - I thought it would be perfect for our new villetta.

Speaking of the villetta, we are settling into it quite well. I'm still moving things around in the cupboards but I like doing that sort of thing. The dogs seem pretty comfortable and sometimes even use the dog bed behind the table. Here's a funny thing though - for the first years of his life Spike slept on the bed with us. When our queen size waterbed sprung a leak we decided to upgrade to a king size mattress. Which is when Spike decided he didn't really like sleeping on the bed with us. The trailer has a queen size bed - can you guess where Spike wants to sleep. Yup. Maybe he likes the sleep number bed! And then this morning when I got up I saw that Bella had squeezed herself onto the bed beside Carm - Bella never gets to sleep in bed! It is no wonder I was teetering on the edge.


Here is Grace's spot in the camper - the lighting is too weird for my tablet's camera, but she is in there! She seems to really enjoy all the windows. I thought it would be too much for her and freak her out a bit, but again, she has shown herself to be the bravest Congo around.





Welcome, wild harbinger of spring! To this small nook of earth; Feeling and fancy fondly cling, Round thoughts which owe their birth, To thee, and to the humble spot, Where chance has fixed thy lowly lot.
Bernard Barton

No comments: