Monday, May 6, 2013

With A Tear In My Eye

There was a tear in my eye as I watched our old Subaru get towed away. The guy that bought it plans to use it in demolition derby - it will only last one derby. At first it seemed a horrible finish after such loyal service, but as I thought about it longer it seems like a grand finale to a fine life.





On the good side, we picked up our new car today! Carm drove it partway home, then at Costco we changed vehicles so that I could drive it the rest of the way. Sweet. Not super peppy but fun to drive. It is cute as a button too. I had thought to give it a name (Elvira came to me in my sleep), but after saying good-bye to the old Suby tonight I'm not sure. It was hard enough as it was and it didn't even have a name!


So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
Helen Keller

3 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I guess that is what they mean by "going out with a bang"!

Terri's Pal said...

Oddly enough, as fond as I was of my RAV4, I didn't shed any tears. It had become too annoying -- breaking down and preventing me from donating blood, causing me to call CAA for various reasons and too frequently for the little amount of driving I do. I must confess that I am really enjoying the Matrix. It feels so peppy compared to the RAV4 that I feel as though I could zoom from 80 to 160 kph in a few seconds, easily. Too bad the speed limit is only 100 kph.

Terri's Pal said...

P.S. Maybe I should have bought a Subaru that time in 2002 when I went to a dealer and bought the RAV4.