Monday, June 24, 2013

Blessings of Old Friends

The photo below is Spike on Carm's side of the bed. You can see the trouble we have with just a queen size bed!



Yesterday Jo Ellen and Don (and teeny tiny poodle Lady) came for the day. We had a great visit - as you know I wasn't feeling all that social, but there are some people that are the right people to be around during those times and they are them (whew - did that grammatically make sense?). Anyway... we had a light lunch, a few glasses of wine, a little visit with Trudie & Leo, and finally some supper.

We were able to sit outside for much of the visit, but we did have to retreat inside during a rain shower.

Don knew I was after MS Streets & Trips, and knew my problem with data so DOWNLOADED IT AND BROUGHT IT DOWN HERE FOR ME. HE EVEN INCLUDED THE GPS DONGLE!!!!! We installed it and everything seemed to work well. As soon as they were out of the gate I raced inside to my computer to see what it was like. It is awesome! It does exactly the things that I wanted software to do. After 1/2 hour I had to drag myself away as I was so tired... but guess what I dreamed about all night ;-) You can probably guess what I'll be doing once I get home today! I love getting new software, and when it does what I want I am in heaven.

Today we pack up and head home. Over the next few weeks we will start working on the list of stuff to do for our Adventure, and fit in another 3 or 4 night trip down to Riverside as well. It will be a busy few weeks.

I got an email and Facebook from Kirsten yesterday - they have had a big storm with flooding, trees down, and electricity out. Luckily their flooding isn't as bad as Alberta - isn't that just a mess. So many people have been affected by the high waters.

Each site has a post with a metal power box mounted on it. There is a little woodpecker that comes along and ratt-att-tatts on the metal lid. I wonder why he does it? Does he just like the sound?




It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: