Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dinner Cruise

Friday night was the dinner cruise. Last year was our first time taking it, and although it was fun, it was a little disappointing as the rain poured down and we could barely see outside at all. As you can see from the photo below we were bathed in sunshine - lovely :-)



The "cruise director" was a multi-talented comedian that kept us entertained and pointed out all the attractions along the way.





This is our table (from left to right): Carm, Waylen, Jackie, Ken, Deb, and of course me! They were a fun group. Deb laughed at everything - I like that!




Years ago my parents had a sailboat that they berthed in the 1000 Islands - I have many fond memories of summers spent sailing and camping. I tried to get a shot of the yacht club as we passed by, but the sun was in the wrong direction.



As you can see we were motoring along far faster than any sailboat would travel!


It wasn't just our group on the boat, there were several other people as well, which made for good people watching. I wish I had the nerve to take photos of people as there were some interesting faces. I'd love to hear their stories and find out who they are.

There was even a short time of dancing. Carm and I were some of the first ones on the dance floor, but it wasn't long before it was crowded. This was a bonus for me as I LOVE dancing and don't often get a chance, other than around the house.

Saturday was quiet, with just a trip into Kingston where we picked up a lovely dark burgundy calla lily for the picnic table - the colour coordinates with the trailer's paint job (of course - and yes, matching just might be a kind of insanity! It must be as it is a compulsion that I just can't help. I blame my mother for this gene!).

Thunderstorms rolled in around supper time, confining us to the villetta for our evening meal. We were without power for about an hour, which wasn't a problem - I just finished my cooking on the gas stove!


Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.
Democritus

No comments: