Thursday, July 11, 2013

Perfection of the Morning or the Whole Day for That Matter

Have you ever read the book "The Perfection of the Morning" by Sharon Butela? It has been in my mind a bit lately as we will be travelling near the area of Saskatchewan that she writes about. I think I'll dig out the book and re-read it during our trip (oh my - there have been so many things lately that I've been trying to find and haven't been able to - I hope this book isn't one of them - on edit: I found it right away! Now if I could find that Velcro).



Speaking of perfection - Carm executed a PERFECT back in, all the way to the camper's final parking spot. Not one pull forward! It isn't an easy route either, it is a bit of an S curve. I felt like breaking out a brass band :-)



Let's see... we came home on Monday, it is now Thursday, what have we done? Carm of course cut a bunch of grass, I've puttered around unloading and reloading stuff into the camper, we installed hooks in the kitchen wall to secure the coffee maker (camper of course), we tried to install the maxair vent over the bedroom fantastic fan, but it wasn't going to work out well so that project was aborted. Carm's been to his mom's, I've done some cooking, and who knows what else.





Oh, I can't forget that I got a new computer :-) We decided that my giant laptop just wouldn't do the trick for Streets & Trips in the truck so ordered a 11.2" Acer Aspire notebook. We hoped that it would get here in time, and it did. UPS delivered it Monday afternoon not long after we got home. I got it going right away as I had until Tuesday to use up some data download space (we have stupid expensive data costs but due to our usage last month we had some extra to use up). This little laptop is the perfect size for the truck (I've tested it). I've already done some work updating maps while sitting at the coffee table. I even wrote a few simple scripts to copy data around - it felt a tiny bit like the old days.






Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.
Kevyn Aucoin

No comments: