Friday, August 9, 2013

All Together

Once the reunion was done, I headed back to the camper with Kirsten to start some laundry. Over the course of the next hour or so the rest of my siblings, nieces and nephew, and my mom & dad, trickled into our camp. At one point we had the whole family crammed in :-) If I could have locked the door and kept them all their I might have! But people were hungry and I didn't have that much food...

Kirsten and Shawn had rented a suite at a nearby hotel so we went there instead. There was a bit more room for us, and a swimming pool for the kids, so it was a much better venue. We had a wonderful time, but I couldn't help thinking that Mom & Dad would have enjoyed being with us. They selflessly took their leave so it was just us kids (thanks M&D!).

Since I hadn't had a chance to open a bottle of bubbles with Bjorn as promised, I brought it along to the hotel room. I will admit to having a bit of a fuzzy head the next day...

Some things just don't bear thinking about and leaving to go back to the campground was one of them. I had a hard time tearing myself away – who knows when we will all be together again... As it was we didn't get back to camp until 12pm. The sprinklers were on so we had to dodge them to get into the villetta, and out again with the dogs!

Happy Tails!

No comments: